Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sweet Moments with Braiden

Well my mom told me the sweetest story yesterday about Braiden! It was the sweetest thing i've ever heard! It was a reminder of how much kids really do know about the church! This was my baby brother Jace and Braiden's Conversation, EXACT WORDS: Braiden: Devie (Stevie) is my best friend! Who is your best friend shace (Jace)? Jace: Colten is my best friend Braiden: I no like Hoten (Colten) Jace: Why? Braiden: Because Hoten left me! (yes i started to tear when he said that!) Jace: Oh Colten will come back, he is teaching people in mexico about Jesus Braiden: Oh, i like Sheesus (Jesus), I like Hoten now and sheesus! I seriously was like, how cute!!! I got a little teary eyed, because i talk to Braiden about Colten and his uncle JD being on missions all the time and i didn't realize how much it affected Braiden that Colten left him! He misses him and i am thankful Jace explained to him why Colten left and what he is doing for the people in Tuxtla Gutierrez Mexico! **************************************************** Another Sweet moment i had with Braiden was today in primary. Braiden woke up very angry and grumpy and has been crying all day and i just about had it with him, we get to class and he is sitting with his class and Sis. Thornton (singing time teacher) was asking all the kids who their favorite Super Heros were and she called on Braiden and i am behind the piano expecting him to say batman or some hero of that nature and i hear him say, "My Dad" It seriously brought me to tears! Sis Thornton got teary eyed too and said "oh Braiden that is a really good one!" and she looks at me and i am crying with a smile on my face! It was so cute, he thought of that all on his own! He sure does love his dad and wants to be just like him! It really touches my heart when he shows how much he loves his Daddy and his brother! Some days when he knows i am sad or upset with sometimes he will just come up to me randomly and give me a little hug and say, "I love you Mom!" It sure does make my days better! He is growing up so much and starting to show me how much he really knows and understands! I sure do love him! I know lately i have been hard on him because he's been such a butt lately and i don't put up with crap really, but i am glad we have those little bonding moments! Earlier today i was actually thinking about how badly i didn't want to be in primary anymore because i've been in there for 2 years! I thought it was time for me to go to relief society and get to know the sisters in our ward (yes it's sad i've been here for 2 years and still don't know people in our ward!), but Braiden made me realize how much i love being in there with him to watch him grow mentally and most inportantly spiritually! I am happy where i am at now! Thank you my sweet Braiden! I love you!

1 Friends & Family Said:

Anonymous said...

Amber thank you for sharing such sweet moments.Things like this make every thing o k love you guys gram sue