Sunday, April 27, 2008

Surgery

This is my Dad before he went in for surgery.

And this is him when he got out of recovery.

Those that are wondering what has been going in with him, well here it is. He got sick back in December and was coughing a lot. Sometimes it would bring him to his knees. So my Mom new something was really wrong with him when he decided to go to a doctor (he hates doctors). So the doctors found that his oxygen levels were dangerously low. They put him on a oxygen machine for a little while and it got worse. So they new something was wrong. They ended up doing x-rays and found a spot on his lung. They did a bunch of other tests and found it wasn't valley fever or anything like that. Went for a second opinion and had some more tests done. They found it wasn't a spot on his lung it was spots on two of his bottom ribs right side between he lung and his ribs. They couldn't get to the spots with a needle to test it so they gave my dad the choice of surgery and getting it taken all out, or leaving it alone and hoping it didn't get worse. He chose surgery. So thursday has come along, and he had his surgery at 7am and got out around 10:30am. They took 5 inches each from his bottom two ribs. He is recovering really well. He was up walking with nurses help of course the day after his surgery. I went and brought him some goodies to give him things to do, because he said he was so bored. Right now they put him back on the oxygen because one of his lungs collapsed, but everything will be okay. They are all keeping a goood watchful eye on him. The stubborn man still thinks he's an invinsbile super-hero and tries to do things on his own, which of course he regrets doing afterwards. Pain killers are helping a lot. I'm very happy everything went well! We won't know if the spots, which they now call them "tumors," are cancerous or not for about a week. The doctor said he didn't find anything else in there so it's all out. I hope nothing more comes up. Please everyone keep my Dad and Mom in your prayers. They really need it. I don't know how much more my poor Mom can handle. I love my family to death and I hope to keep my family together as long as possible. We aren't ready to lose the best Dad of now 7 kids and 1 grandbaby. We love you Dad and Mom!

4 Friends & Family Said:

Bradley Family said...

HOPE ALL IS WELL. IF YOU NEED ANYTHING JUST CALL, I AM ONLY A PHONE CALL AWAY. MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

Anonymous said...

Amber we are keeping your dad in our prayers. He sure has been nice to grandpa and I. love gramsue

Sarah said...

Please keep us up to date on what is going on. You need to ask Stephen about my Ashlee praying for your dad on Sunday, it was rather cute. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help out - like take Jace for a weekend.
Your family is in our prayers!

Cyni and Steve said...

Dad saw his pics & said "where'd she get those?" I told him we had alot of fun while he was out of it! lol! Doc said tumors were benine (sp?)But they are a rare form of cancer, if they had been left they would've started producing cancer cells & would've killed him. So, thank goodness the old man listened to all of us & had them removed! Love ya mom