Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Help! I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up!!

I am blogging this for my journal purposes so sorry if you aren't interested in this, but it was kind of funny! I was at my mom's new house having dinner, and watching a college football game. Houston had a booger nose and i got a tissue, he saw me and ran! So i ran after him, stupid me, he came to a dead stop and i tried to stop on her slippery wood floors, but my socks had no grib and down i went!! i landed smack on my back! It hurt but i was ok, we all laughed and didn't think more of it! The rest isn't so funny but the next morning i went to the bathroom and noticed i was bleeding a little, it was reddish and figured it was just part of the pregnancy. i watched for more blood for the rest of the day and didn't get any, so i stopped worrying about it and just took it easy. I went to my Doctor's appointment and let her know what i did because the normal contractions i've been having had changed a little also. She put me on the monitor to montior TessLea's activity and my contractions. TessLea was asleep most of the 30 minutes i was hooked up, but her heart rate did what the doc wanted it to, so she is perfectly fine. My contractions were there constantly but not strong enough to admit me to the hospital, so they unhooked me and i had to do a pelvic exam to see if i was ok. The Doc says it looks like i had dislodged my plug from the fall on friday, so she put me on a temporary bedrest or "mini bedrest" for a week. I don't have to lay flat on my back in bed, but i can't be on my feet any longer than 2 hours at a time, and i have to elevate my feet when sitting. I can't pick up anything heavier than 15 pounds, so i haven't been able to pick up Houston. I can lift him to get him in his car seat, but i can't carry him around anymore, which i shouldn't be doing anyways. So that's is my little story! TessLea is measuring good, she's really low, and very active. Her heart sounds great nice and strong! I am feeling ok, besides the internal bruises and discomfort all the time, i am ok! Just happy my baby is ok and healthy! we will see how this week goes! So far i can still travel out of town for Thanksgiving so fingers crossed it stays that way!

0 Friends & Family Said: