Funny story from working with Josh on saturday! We get to the plant and wait to get loaded. We are out of the truck talking to Grandpa Tom, Mike Eaton, and the owner of the Plant (his name is Reid) and this puppy walks up. She's like trying to get my attention so i bend down and start petting her and Reid looks at me and says "eeewww don't touch her, she's a stray and she smells really bad! You are going to want to wash your hands! She's gross!" She really wasn't that bad, so i kept petting her. She followed us around everywhere, she was my new friend. Reid said she just showed up on monday. We get in the truck because it was our turn to get loaded and Josh says "That poor dog, she is so sweet and she follows me every where every time i come here. i wish I could take her home." and begins to tell me how there are stray dogs every where in that area and literally just lay in the street and get ran over or kill over from starvation! Just as i was going to say "I know she is cute, I wish I could take her home too" I saw her almost get ran over by other dump trucks 3 different times!! She kept laying down in front of the trucks like she was asking them to run her over! Just like Josh was telling me about other dogs and I got this overwelming feeling to bring her home! So i said "We're taking her home! On our last load we are taking her home! Mom and Dad will kill me but we are going to take her home and clean her up, feed her and find her a good home! We don't have to keep her, and if we can't find anyone we'll take her to the humane society and they will find her a good home! She is too cute to not be wanted!" Josh agreed and that's what we did. She is so so sweet! I didn't really mean to name her, I just went to call her Puppy, because that's what everyone else was calling her and I accidently called her Maggie. So that is her name now! She is a puppy, looks about 6 monts old maybe? She looks like a boxer but her fur is thick and has a little bit of the coloring of a shepherd, either a german shepherd or austrailian shepherd. I'm not quite sure. She looks just like our dog Krew (Boxer) but doesn't really have his head shape. She has his coloring, his big paws. Her tail is the only black thing on her and she has a white chest. She's as tall as my knee right now. We ended up having to bathe her with a bottle of Coke to get rid of the asphalt diesel smell. Krew LOVES her, Koda likes her, max doesn't really like playing with her but he tolerates her, Petie does not like her at all, but she doesn't like anyone, so no surprise. I told Mom and Dad i brought home a dog expecting them to freak, well I should say Mom to freak more than dad and it is the opposite! Dad is telling me the dog better be gone by the time he gets back home, and Mom is saying she looks cute and sounds like Krew likes her a lot because he has someone to play with and doesn't want me to take her to the humane society. Colten and Jake both said they claim her now, they like her a lot and said they are keeping her. Josh said let's keep her until Mom and Dad get home and let them meet her then take her to the humane society, but i garauntee if we let mom and dad meet her they will both fold and say let's keep her because they are both softies!! So i guess we will wait and see! Anyway that's my story! If anyone has an idea of what kind of dog she might be let me know!









0 Friends & Family Said:
Post a Comment